What is marketing?
Marketing is one kind of action that is used in business to promote or sell different kinds of products or services. This is a very useful method for promoting any kind of business and it helps to create, communicate, deliver, exchange offers that create values for customers, clients, partners, society. This method also helps to create customers, which is the most important element of any kind of business. This also helps to keep customers and satisfy them in an effective way. Marketing is one of the premier components in business; other operations are useless if the marketing plan is not appropriate.
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is a well-known term now a day. It is a useful method of interactive marketing where we use digital technologies for marketing to reach customers and increase sales and marketing than others. The main objective is promoting brands through different types of digital media. We use mainly the internet or other mediums like; mobile phones, tablets, computers, televisions, display advertising; to reach people in a very simple but effective way. Internet marketing and SEO both are very important for digital marketing. The development of digital marketing is increasing since the 1990s and 2000s. The brand and business are utilizing technology for marketing so the scenario has changed in a rapid way. There are many creative agencies, working in field marketing and earning a big amount of profit using different marketing plans of digital marketing. Digital marketing helps to grow the b2b marketing system and enhance opportunities for both parties.
Different techniques of digital marketing:
There are many useful techniques of digital marketing. These techniques help to increase the value of digital marketing and also help to reach more people easily within a short time. There are social media and non-social media techniques of digital marketing.
Social media techniques used in digital marketing are:
- face book marketing,
- twitter marketing,
- LinkedIn marketing,
- YouTube marketing,
- Google marketing
Internet media techniques used in digital marketing are:
- Content automation,
- Campaign marketing,
- Data-driven marketing and
- E-commerce marketing,
- Social media marketing,
- Social media optimization,
- E-mail marketing,
- Display advertisings,
- Different E-books,
- Optical disk & game,
- SMS marketing,
- Search engine optimization (SEO) marketing,
- Search engine marketing (SEM) marketing,
- Content writing,
- Influencer marketing,
Digital vs. traditional marketing:
There are some differences between digital marketing and social media marketing. Both are marketing types but they have some different ways. Traditional marketing is a big marketing system and it’s an older version of marketing. Digital marketing is not so big but it is growing rapidly day by day. Big, medium, and also small enterprises are changing their normal traditional marketing system into digital marketing systems as the world is going digital in every sphere of life.
- It is a faster and more effective way to reach customers than traditional marketing methods. It covers more geographical area thus receives more flexibility for respondents.
- In this method, different important issues are being monitored in order to know what kind of work is useful or which are not. In traditional method, this kind of monitoring is not available.
- It helps to manage complex customer relationships across different channels than traditional business method.
- It helps to create and respond to dynamic customer interactions on the other hand in traditional method it’s quite impossible.
- It has wonderful systems which help to extract value from big data and make decisions faster than traditional method.
- In online business, one can easily experience excessive success and business expanding largely in quick time, while traditional business gains moderate success.
- It helps to target customers and rive in more traffic to the website with optimized website and effective marketing activities, while traditional marketing doesn’t get these benefits.
Why digital marketing is important:
We live in a competitive world. Here, things are changing rapidly within the blink of an eye. In order to cope with this challenging situation, we need to focus on our marketing strategy. Digital marketing helps to increase business because it is a more effective, easy way of marketing than traditional marketing.
- Brands can use digital marketing to benefit their marketing efforts and raise band awareness within a very short time.
- It allows online customer care support system through 24/7 which helps to create a strong bonding with customers.
- It helps to receive both positive and negative feedbacks from customers. The customers can post feedback online through different social media sources like blog, website feedback.
- It helps to utilize and encourage conversations through social media channels to contact directly with customers.
- It helps to manage the received feedback appropriately and work accordingly.
- It helps to connect with customers and create dialogues and discussions, as the customers more likely trust other customers’ experiences.
- It helps to access any kind of information easily, so the knowledge level is limitless in this field.
- It helps business to create competitive advantage through social media.
- It helps to generate better revenues with the help of effective digital marketing techniques.
- It helps to get the insights of customers and their demands by interacting and providing proper engagement.
What is social media marketing & its role in digital marketing?
Social media marketing is like the heart of digital marketing. Without a proper social media marketing plan, no one can progress in this digital economic period. Social media are totally computer-based tools that allow companies or people to create, share, exchange information, career interest, idea, picture, videos, etc in different kinds of virtual networks and communities.
The overall marketing field covers advertising, public relation, brand awareness, brand safety, sales, promotions, targeting, viewability, invalid traffic, cross-platform measurement, etc.
Some popular social media platforms that help in the field of marketing are:
- Face book
- Google +